- OLLI Abbey Fundraiser, October 11, 3 - 5 p.m., St. Dunstan Episcopal Church. Flyer here. Registration form here.
- Back to School Event, October 2, 6 - 8 p.m., JCSM. Flyer here. Registration form here.
- Updates to the OLLI at Auburn Fall Programming Schedule
- Fall registration information is available on the Join page. The Fall 2014 catalogue is available on the Courses page.
- The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI Team Up -
Join AAA at a Special Rate: The Auburn Alumni Association and OLLI are partnering to offer discounted memberships to each group. The association will be
offering the following rates for OLLI members: $425 for an individual life membership, $587 for a joint life membership, $40 for an annual individual membership, and $55 for a joint annual membership. When you become a member, you’ll receive quarterly issues of Auburn Magazine, free entry into the Alumni Hospitality Tent on home game days, and many nationwide and local discounts (www.aualum.org/benefits). To join the
Auburn Alumni Association with these discounted rates, please call the
Membership Department at (334) 844-2960. War Eagle!
- Fed Up handouts from Dr. Graham-Hooker's August 7 presentation
- Fed Up link to TED talk clip shown during the August 14 presentation
- All-Star Fridays Lecture Series: Time: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Fridays before each home football game. Location: hosted by the Auburn Alumni Association in the Goodwin Room or Atrium. Hosted in partnership with Auburn Alumni Association, Auburn Athletics, OCM, and OLLI at Auburn. The Moulthrop lecture is also sponsored by the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art. The War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen will lead a walking campus tour after each lecture. September 26, Matt Moultrop, the Oaks, speaking about "Homecoming"; October 3, Susana Schuler, VP of News for Raycom speaking about "All Orange"; October 24, Craig Darch & Rosen speaking about "True Blue" and book signing; November 8, Project Serve speaking about "Military Appreciation"; November 22, Michelle McKenna-Doyle, NFL, speaking about "Youth Day."
- The School of Kinesiology is looking to recruit women between the ages of 40 and 64 for a training research study that will investigate physiological adaptations (aerobic capacity, body composition, muscle mass, fat mass, strength and power), psychosocial changes (how you feel about your training and exercise), and issues pertaining to exercise adherence with this training regimen. To conduct this experiment we are looking to recruit healthy females who are not currently exercising more than 3 days per week to participate in a 12 week training study.
If interested, please refer to the document attached below or Please contact Danielle Wadsworth via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorena Salom (email@example.com) or telephone at 334-844-1836 for more information.
OLLI Fall 2014 academic classes begin
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Clarion Inn & Suites
OLLI Back to School Event
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art
Brown Bag Lunch and Learn- Public Prayers, Cellphone Searches, and Hobby Lobby: Landmark Rulings from the Supreme Court's 2013-14 Term and You with AU Political Science Professor and Department Chair Steve Brown
12:00 - 2:00 pm
Clarion Inn & Suites, Ballroom CD (2nd Floor)
OLLI Abbey High Tea
3:00 - 5:00 pm
St. Dunstan Episcopal Church
Last Updated: September 17, 2014