Mission of OLLI
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Auburn University (OLLI at Auburn) provides academic, not for credit programming for adults 50 years and beyond. Members of OLLI at Auburn participate in a variety of activities including academic courses, social activities, special lectures and workshops, and events at Auburn University and in Montgomery at AUM. As a member led, member driven organization, OLLI members participate in leadership and service through an Advisory Council and Committees.
News & Announcements
Spring 2019 Updates
- Earth Day Hikes: OLLI at Auburn will host three hikes to Hidden Falls at Chewacla State Park on Earth Day, Monday April 22nd 2019. Participants will partake in a guided hike, approximately 2.5 miles at a leisurely pace, with a 20-minute rest at the falls. We highly recommend using a walking or hiking stick. Chewacla State Park charges an entrance fee of $4.00 for ages 12-61 OR $2.00 for ages 62 and above. No charge for veterans, with valid veteran ID. Payments are made to the park rangers at the entrance gate. The morning hike will begin at 9:30am and will be hosted by Maureen Donnan. The first afternoon hike will begin at 1:00pm and will be hosted by Harold Bruner. The second afternoon hike will begin at 4:30pm and will be hosted by Harold Bruner. All participants must sign a standard OLLI waiver prior to hiking. To sign up for this wonderful opportunity, please contact Shawnee McKee with your name, telephone number, and time preference (morning or afternoon) at (334) 844-3146 or email at email@example.com.
- Culinary class "It's Vegetable Season Again" will be held on May 15 and 16.
- A Little Art A Little Lunch last session with Margaret Craig-Schmidt will meet on May 10.
- Yoga for the Rest of Us and Stretch and Balance are cancelled for the Spring term.
TEACH FOR OLLI!
Course proposals for all terms are being accepted NOW.
Deadline to submit a course proposal for Fall 2019 term is June 28, 2019.
Deadline to submit a course proposal for Winter 2020 term is October 11, 2019.
Deadline to submit a course proposal for Spring 2020 term is February 7, 2020.
- Fall 2019 term: September 16 - November 7
- Winter 2020 term: January 27 - March 12
- Spring 2020 term: April 6 - May 14
Last Updated: April 19, 2019